The Rhetoric Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Demons Have Some Domain Over the Physical World?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do Demons Have Some Domain Over the Physical World? - Page 2 Empty Do Demons Have Some Domain Over the Physical World?

Post by Pound Cake Wed May 25, 2016 10:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

How much power do demons have over the physical world? Some of my friends claim experiences with seeing ghosts, friends being inhabited, and even furniture moving. I've heard people advanced in the occult, when they touch a holy medal or some such, experiencing pain and a flash coming from the holy object. According to some exorcists, demons can even give a stigmata. Do you think those kinds of things can happen? Are there other things that can happen as well? If it's true, personally, I hear more about that kind of thing that about seeing or experiencing angels. Why would we experience demons but not angels as much? Why would God let demons have control over the physical world at all?

Last edited by Pound Cake on Thu May 26, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pound Cake
Pound Cake
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Do Demons Have Some Domain Over the Physical World? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Demons Have Some Domain Over the Physical World?

Post by Pound Cake Tue May 31, 2016 4:36 pm

In the Bible, in the writings of saints, and in contemporary accounts like those mentioned by Countess and Farmer, angels come, fulfill a specific purpose, and go. They do not seem to be on earth in general. So those would be my only sources, the Bible, the writings of saints, and accounts from acquaintances.
Pound Cake
Pound Cake
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Do Demons Have Some Domain Over the Physical World? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Demons Have Some Domain Over the Physical World?

Post by War Doctor Tue May 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Okay but those accounts say nothing like angels could be discovered by Google or videotaped so they don't come around as much anymore for fear of discovery. As you pointed out the Screwtape letters say demons hide themselves because that benefits them the most but are God and the angels playing by some kind of rules that don't favor them and so they have to allow Google to catch them?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum