The Rhetoric Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the Dictators

3 posters

Go down

Ask the Dictators Empty Ask the Dictators

Post by Countess Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:57 am

So, message boards often have difficult or technical problems that arise. If you need any help, answers or assistance, just ask!

We are including a list of FAQ here.

How do I change my username? We do not encourage name changes as this tends to create confusion. However, if you wish to have your username changed, request it through a PM to an administrator.

What is a signature and why doesn’t it show up? A signature is text or images below each of your posts. Since the nature of this board is intended for extensive discussions, we have decided that it would be a hindrance rather than a help to allow the signature feature. We want our discussions to be focused and the board to stay free from unnecessary images.

How big can I make my avatar? The maximum avatar size is 130 x 130 pixels. We ask that the avatar is not distracting by flashing different images, and is not inappropriate for any viewers. Avatars are often used for identification, so please do not use the same avatar as another member. If you would like someone to make an avatar for you, visit this thread

What is the purpose of this board? A place for rhetoricians and debaters to gather and discuss the issues of the day and of the ages. This forum is primarily centered in debating and discussing various topics and viewpoints from a Christian perspective. We ask that our members be respectful to one another as they engage in the discussions and remember that we are here to learn as much as teach.

What are admins/moderators/technicians? Admins are Administrators, and they have full access and control over the board. They can edit posts and forums, as well as control rules and other functions of the board. Admins have the final word on all important decisions. Admins should be contacted if anything wrong or questionable is going on in the board. Moderators control the everyday aspects of the board. They can’t change board features, but they look over every post and are responsible for making sure all members uphold the posting rules. Technicians control the board features, and understand all the complicated HTML of the forum.

What is the phrase under my name? (Apprentice, etc.) That phrase is a ranking. The more you post, the more likely it is to change. It is not something you can change in the options of your Profile.

What are sticky topics? Sticky topics are topics that do not move even if topics underneath them are posted in. Generally these are announcements or something of importance and should be read.

What are locked topics? Locked topics are topics that have been archived and can no longer be posted in.

What are Usergroups? Usergroups are a particular group with particular members. Some are not optional to join. At this point, this board does not have any usergroups open to joining. 

What are PMs and how can I send them? PM’s are private messages between you and another member. These can be accessed by clicking here, or on the envelope icon in the toolbar under the forum header.

Where are the RA’s rules? The rules are in this forum. They can also be found in the RA’s FAQ

I’m new, what should I do? You can first complete your profile and add an avatar so you can be known and easily recognized. After that, read the RA's rules. Then, introduce yourself in the The Introductions thread. You can then begin posting! Feel free to create your own Q&A in The People and The Denominations forums so others can get to know you.

I’ve never been on a forum before... how does this work? It’s rather easy. Just click on the different forums, and you can see what others have said, and you can even post yourself. For more information, check out the FAQ, or do a Google search.

Is this place just for Christians? We welcome all beliefs here. Of course, we may question and debate your beliefs, but all are welcomed nevertheless.  

If I have any more questions who and where do I ask? You can ask them in the Ask the Dictators thread, or PM one of the Admins or Mods.

Someone is sending me PMs I don’t want, who do I report them to? Contact the Administrators or the Moderators. To find them, go to the bottom of the page and in the line that says “Legend” click on the link to Admins or Moderators. Send a PM to any of those members, and they will deal with it as soon as possible.
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Ask the Dictators Empty Re: Ask the Dictators

Post by kait Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Where would be an appropriate place for an "Ask an atheist" type of thread? Or would that not be a thing? Tongue out
kait
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Ask the Dictators Empty Re: Ask the Dictators

Post by War Doctor Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:13 pm

You can post it in Denominations
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male