The Rhetoric Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syrian Refugees

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Syrian Refugees Empty Syrian Refugees

Post by War Doctor Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:41 pm

After the Paris attack there have been many here in America, including several state governors, who say no refugees from Syria should be allowed into America. Thoughts?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Syrian Refugees Empty Re: Syrian Refugees

Post by Frisk Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:52 am

We should absolutely be helping these people. How many times does the Bible go over the fact that Christians are to help the needy and homeless, to make sacrifices for those people in the name of God? I'm honestly astonished at the amount of Christians who seem willing to condemn thousands or millions of people just because of the possible threat of terrorism.
Frisk
Frisk
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Cake Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Frisk wrote: I'm honestly astonished at the amount of Christians who seem willing to condemn thousands or millions of people just because of the possible threat of terrorism. [emphasis added]
Did you see what you just typed?
Pound Cake
Pound Cake
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:22 pm

@Pound Cake Are you saying you think the security threat posed by refugees is too dangerous?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Cake Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:44 pm

It's significant, it's not something to shrug off.
Pound Cake
Pound Cake
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:46 pm

Can you list all the terrorist attacks committed by refugees? Not immigrants but refugees.
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisk Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Yes, I am well aware of what I said, and I'll put an emphasis on millions of people. Would Jesus have turned away needy people just because of a possible threat? I don't think so. We are called to sacrifice for the needs of others, and that includes our safety. Besides, terrorism is what these people are fleeing from.
Frisk
Frisk
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:00 am

Frisk wrote:Would Jesus have turned away needy people just because of a possible threat? I don't think so. We are called to sacrifice for the needs of others, and that includes our safety. Besides, terrorism is what these people are fleeing from.

Agreed. I would also venture to add Jesus would reach out to the terrorists themselves and treat them with love. So to kill or do them harm in His name is also extremely hard for me to get.
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:55 pm

I will ignore your post Countess. Wink (I like the wink) 

I agree we should do more about the immigrants, but even the Bible had restrictions on aiding people in need like in the case of the widows. I personally would encourage setting up camps in the Middle Eastern nations to settle them there until peace can be restored. Shipping them to America is not only difficult but also dangerous. Did any of you note how many people were arrested in France and in Germany and other countries? Its pretty dangerous.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Setting up camps in the Middle East is a terrible solution and you only need to look at the fact that refugees are risking death to cross the Mediterranean to get away from those camps. Also those camps provide no chance of work or anything, people are being recruited for terrorist groups from those camps and girls are being forced into prostitution. The camps are not the solution.  

How is it dangerous Blitz? Can you list any attacks done by refugees? 

I don't understand your point about the arrests in France and Germany, can you expand?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Its funny that the countries hit by terrorism the most are the ones expected to take in the Syrians. 

In France, Syrian passports were found on some of the terrorist. It could easily be dangerous cause what could prevent a terrorist from sliping in among innocents?

After the terrorism in France, France and Germany carried out a great deal of raids on suspected terrorists.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm not sure what is so funny about it, I think the countries expected to take in refugees are the ones that are best able to take in refugees. 

I've heard that claim, do you have any sources you could cite? What I do know is that the attack was planned and carried out by people born in France and Belgium, so should we deport all Muslims born here legally since they pose the greatest threat? 

You say terrorist could slip in among the refugees, has this ever happened? Have refugees ever carried out attacks on us? 

Okay, still not sure what your point with the raids is, were they refugees?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:00 pm

I can cite CNN where I read it. 

Have we had any refugees actually mingle in America yet? 

I am not sure about that, but I am simply stating introducing Muslims in any country has the potential of danger.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:06 pm

I will cite the Guardian saying those passports were faked: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/17/serbian-police-arrest-man-with-syrian-passport-matching-paris-attackers

We have but also we've taken in refugees from other Middle Eastern conflicts as have Germany and France. The attack in France, as I said, was carried out by persons born in Europe. 

America has plenty of non-Muslim violence, there is a shooting literally happening right now in San Bernardino, there was the TX shooting, and so many others. But in any case, you still stand by your point that refugee represent an unacceptable danger to America and should be denied entry?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:22 pm

No, actually on the terrorist who carried out the attack. 

I don't say they should be denied entrance. I think America should be careful.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Yeah, the article talked about that passport. Said it was a fake. 

Blitz wrote:I personally would encourage setting up camps in the Middle Eastern nations to settle them there until peace can be restored.
Pretty sure you did say they should be sent to camps in the Middle East. I agree America should be careful but right now even as a refugee it can be a two year process to get to America, that should be changed.
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 am

You know no country can take a lot of immigration. America takes a lot more immigration that most nations permit, since everyone wants to go there. Its nigh impossible to shield out the right people.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 am

How many Syrian refugees has America taken in so far?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:34 am

A few thousand if I remember correctly.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:38 am

True, we've taken in 2,174 since 2012. Do you think that's enough?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:41 am

I don't believe it is enough, but from what other war zone has anyone majorly taken in refugees? Go back even to WW 2 when people were being out right slaughtered. I don't really expect much from countries taking in refugees.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:44 am

I don't understand what you're advocating. Can you clarify what you think America and other countries should do as regards the Middle East refugee crisis?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 am

I think they should be careful in taking in refugees. Set an age limit on who can enter. Also assist in destroying ISIS so that people can live in peace. 10 million people is too many to take in.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:50 am

It takes two years of paperwork for refugees to get to America right now, do you think that's too short? 

What age would you set the limit at? And you'd split up families? I seem to remember you being upset at the Central America children refugees coming here by themselves. 

Yeah 10 million is too many for any one country, that's why it should be spread out over many countries.
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:03 pm

A bit long in my opinion. 
Maybe between 16-45 because people aren't coming over for lack of employment. I don't remember ever saying that. 

And everyone is focused on Germany, France, and America while no one care if other countries accept or refuse. Well Turkey is being dragged in now.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum