The Rhetoric Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Beliefs on Others

4 posters

Go down

Our Beliefs on Others Empty Our Beliefs on Others

Post by Isaiah the Ox Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:31 pm

It seems like Christians like to push their beliefs/morals on others, especially non-Christians. This applies a lot to government, but to personal life as well. Should the US government say no to abortion, if the general consensus of the US is yes? Should we judge others for being (fill in the blank), if their influences tell them it's okay? I guess my main point is: If they aren't Christians, does it matter what they are doing?
Isaiah the Ox
Isaiah the Ox
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Our Beliefs on Others Empty Re: Our Beliefs on Others

Post by Countess Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:27 pm

I guess my main point is: If they aren't Christians, does it matter what they are doing?
That thought is a major principle in understanding the two Kingdoms, and why we shouldn't get involved politically to try to change things. The world is going to be wicked, and trying to clothe the country with Christian morals when inside it's the same sin and wickedness, it's just not going to work.
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SirWhit Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:38 am

So, basically, "it's going to be terrible anyways, why try to make it less terrible through government?"

That seems a bit defeatist to me, I mean, Jesus said to help others and if you can help save lives by say, trying to restrict abortions as an example, then why not?

SirWhit
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:03 am

Is there a way to help others and save lives without going through politics? @SirWhit
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:30 am

Well Paul helped himself quite a lot through politics. When he was in jail he worked through politics quite well and civil authority and his rights.
Blitz
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum