The Rhetoric Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Morals Diminished?

4 posters

Go down

Have Morals Diminished? Empty Have Morals Diminished?

Post by Woody Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:09 am

I had an assignment in Government class recently to write a report on whether public morals have diminished in the U.S. Personally, I'm of the opinion that they haven't. Things have always been bad, just in different ways than they are today. Anywho, what do you lot think?
Woody
Woody
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Have Morals Diminished? Empty Re: Have Morals Diminished?

Post by Pound Cake Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:41 pm

The first thing to keep in mind is pretty much nothing goes straight up or down. If you could graph morality (get on it, TS) it would bounce up and down like everything. The question then, is, what is the overall direction?

We're going up. Look at how things used to be. War, slavery and sexism was more than accepted. It was a way of life. Overall, we've gotten so far from that.

Now, are we on a bounce going down or up? At the moment, we're probably bouncing down. Abortion is one of the worst, possibly the worst, travesty to exist in history. However, people are grumpy about it. Very. And those videos have made even more people grumpy. Probably Obama will veto it, still, the house fricken passed a bill defunding PP. That is huge. So who knows. Maybe the ball is about to hit the ground and we'll bounce back up.

Last edited by Pound Cake on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pound Cake
Pound Cake
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:25 pm

2 Timothy 3
Evil in the Last Days
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaiah the Ox Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:45 am

Evil people, yet there are still good people in this world, MF. 

I think that there is a mix of both, there's some getting worse and there's some getting better, in an order where we pretty much aren't getting anywhere, much as Woody said.
Isaiah the Ox
Isaiah the Ox
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:28 am

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Evil people, yet there are still good people in this world, MF. 
Did I say anything? Tongue out
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum