The Rhetoric Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit

3 posters

Go down

Brexit Empty Brexit

Post by War Doctor Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:17 pm

On Thursday the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union. Do you think this was the right move on the UK's part? And what will the fallout be for them and the EU?
War Doctor
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Brexit Empty Re: Brexit

Post by Ice-θ Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Some thoughts:

While I consider the EU an ineffective and oppressive cartel, leaving it was not a sensible solution for Britain. What would be better would be to move toward a successor body to the EU that practiced political accountability, democratic representation, and fulfilled its responsibilities on the world stage.

Weaker countries the EU has seriously harmed (Greece and Spain) escaping the EU's oppression is one thing. One of the major EU powers leaving (GB) will only harm the world economy and make European states more insular.
Ice-θ
Ice-θ
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Cake Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:39 pm

I only just started getting some info on this thing and I've only checked out a few sources. However, my understanding is the proponents wanted to escape red tape impressed on businesses and a system that supposedly helped the rich more than the middle class. Which seems rather selfish, as there are enormous benefits for the country as a whole. Also, the value of the pound has plummmeted as projected, along with other economic repercussions. Richard Dawkins retweeted an article with reasons people sited for voting for it, including, "Well, its' nice to have a change." Of course, one's bias immediatley favors the status quo so I'll try and look into it more before fully trusting my opinion.
Pound Cake
Pound Cake
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum