The Rhetoric Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the Non-Denominational Dude

3 posters

Go down

Ask the Non-Denominational Dude Empty Ask the Non-Denominational Dude

Post by Woody Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:25 pm

Feel free to ask me whatever questions you like, though note that my answers will be my own personal views, not necessarily representative of the entire non-denominational community, as opinions often differ with so general a title.
Woody
Woody
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Ask the Non-Denominational Dude Empty Re: Ask the Non-Denominational Dude

Post by Countess Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:41 pm

What kind of church do you currently attend?
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Countess wrote:What kind of church do you currently attend?
I've attended a Calvary Chapel as my main church all my life (though different ones based on location), though my family does often attend the Mennonite Brethren church that's just down the street from us.
Woody
Woody
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Mennonite Brethren? 0_0 Are they anything like me? Tongue out
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Countess wrote:Mennonite Brethren? 0_0 Are they anything like me? Tongue out
Well, they're a lot more lax on media, for sure. No head coverings, either. As for doctrine, well, I haven't really heard anything particularly similar to you. They are against war, however.
Woody
Woody
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:12 am

They sound "liberal" then. Tongue out

What are your thoughts on going to war and nonresistance? Is it more cowardly to do the natural thing our flesh wants to do and fight or restrain that and live peaceably with everyone including hateful Hitlers? Which is more Christlike?

What do you think God thinks about the headcovering? Why is that in the Bible? What do you think of the headcovering? Tongue out
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Countess wrote:They sound "liberal" then. Tongue out

What are your thoughts on going to war and nonresistance? Is it more cowardly to do the natural thing our flesh wants to do and fight or restrain that and live peaceably with everyone including hateful Hitlers? Which is more Christlike?

What do you think God thinks about the headcovering? Why is that in the Bible? What do you think of the headcovering? Tongue out
I believe that God allows for war, seeing as he ordered the Israelites to go to war, and even destroyed most of the human race himself. I realize that you believe that's only allowable under the old covenant, but I think that some things carry over. As for evidence in the New Testament, I present Romans 12:18:

Romans 12:18 (NKJV) wrote:If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
Yes, I realize this is a verse smack dab in the middle of a passage that looks like a picture perfect argument for pacifism. And I agree with everything said there entirely. If war is avoidable, we absolutely should avoid it. But notice that this verse gives not one, but two exceptions. If it is possible, meaning that yes, sometimes it is impossible. The verse also specifies as much as depends on you, which I take to mean that self-defense is allowable as well, seeing as letting your enemy kill you won't help you live peaceably with all men, it'll just help you be dead. Tongue out

As for head coverings, I've always been taught it's disrespectful to wear a hat when praying. Wink I think it really comes down to culture and tradition, as well the individual's own convictions. That's why the passage says:

I Corinthians 11:13 wrote:Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?
Woody
Woody
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:42 am

What do you believe on wealth and giving? Is giving a requirement in order for one to be a saved Christian in the end based on Matthew 7? Can one have lots of wealth and still get to heaven?
Countess
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaiah the Ox Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Can Christians be in government?

Is accountability with others important?

How do you worship God through music?

Are Catholics Christians?

Is many Denominations a correct way of having the Church body?
Isaiah the Ox
Isaiah the Ox
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum